Monday, January 17, 2011

100 Things: Part One

While I was discovering new blogs this week, I came across Sofia's Journal, where she had done a blog post of 100 Things.  These 100 things were things that made her happy.  She would post 10 things every Saturday for 10 weeks.  I thought this sounded like a brilliant idea, and a great way to keep yourself positive.  School starts back this week, and since Mondays always seem to bring about all kinds of challenging things, I will do 10 every Monday for 10 weeks to help squash all the yuckiness that is Mondays.  And here it goes.


1.  Shopping.
Yes, if there is anything that helps me to release stress, or to bring me out of a bad mood, it's shopping.  It's therapeutic.  There is a happiness that I get when I find something that is new and fun, something that I can wear and express myself with. 




2.  Late Birthday Presents.
One of my friends gave me a late birthday present this week (my birthday was in September) and it made my entire day!  Getting a present months after your birthday is fine by me :) And it was a personal gift that she made, which made it all more special!





3.  Making New Friends.
I have always been a social butterfly, and there is still nothing like making a new friend.  You know one of those friends where you meet, and then the next night you are hanging out with them and it's like you have known each other for years??  I love that.  I did a lot of that over my winter break.  You never know what can come from a new friendship, and the people you will meet through them. Always be open to new people :)



4.  Good Hair Days.
Never underestimate the power of a good hair day!  Everything can be going wrong, but if your hair is doing exactly what you want it to do, it can change your entire day.

5.  Nail Polish.
If you love nail polish as much as I do, then you will know that nail polish is an accessory.  Your nail polish can affect the look of your outfit.  For the winter, my go-to-color is Evening Seduction by China Glaze.  And for the Summer, all pinks are acceptable.



 

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea, and you have a really fun blog! following :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...