Monday, June 27, 2011

Summer Time

I don't know where you all live, but if you don't live in Texas during the summer, consider yourself very fortunate!  It has been in the 100's for a few weeks now, and the weather is looking the same for this next week as well.  It is horrid to be outside for more than 30 seconds, and I feel like I'm getting a sunburn just from walking to my car from class.  Basically the only place to be is by the pool, or rather in the pool at all times.

I always have the hardest time finding bathing suits that fit me, and they usually cost more money then I can justify spending on a bathing suit.  $60 for the top and $60 for the bottom...no way.  So I am looking for the cheapest suits I can find.  Bathing suits are a fashion statement, just like the latest shoes, handbags, etc.  I always want to buy a new one every summer, even though there is nothing wrong with my old ones.  So far, this summer I have bought 2, with mix-matching in mind.  I am trying to buy basic bottoms and printed tops and vice-versa.  Even though my mother would drop $200 to see me wear a one-piece, I just can't see myself laying by the pool in a small dress.  The point is to get some sun! Sorry mom.  Here are a few suits I have bought so far and they are all under $20.

Top Picture-
Stripped bikini-Walmart.  Hat-BP Nordstrom.  Bag (old) Bath and Body Works.  Necklaces-Forever 21

       Heart top-Walmart.  Leopard top-Victoria Secret.  Black Bottoms-Victoria Secret
And we can't forget the shades :)
Sunglasses-Forever 21

7 comments:

  1. I have a similar problem with bathing suits. The ones pictured here are adorable though. I especially love those sunglasses. I think you've just encouraged me to buy a new suit - that is, if I get a chance to go to the pool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coming from the UK, it's actually so hard to imagine a summer where it's just constantly hot hot hot. Here the weather is so temperamental! I guess it must get too much for you sometimes though! I love the heart print and leopard print tops, and the sunglasses :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want the leopard top! how much did you get it for?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought the cheetah print top at http://www.victoriassecret.com
    It was $24
    Happy Shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I love your style! I'm in Arkansas and the heat has been intense here too! I feel ya!
    Brande
    http://victoryvintageb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...